Board Member Positions Available
Rights Information and Advocacy Centre Incorporated (RIAC) is a not-for-profit disability advocacy and support organisation that builds the capacity and wellbeing of individuals, families, carers and communities through advocacy and support services.
RIAC supports communities across 22 local government areas, spanning throughout regional Victoria and southern New South Wales.
RIAC are seeking to fill three vacancies on our existing Board and want to hear from suitably experienced people to complement the existing Board member’s skill base and support a professional and committed staff team.
The Board is responsible for the overall strategic direction of RIAC and operates with the RIAC CEO and Executive Team to set strategies for the organisation. The Board is accountable to the membership ensuring that the organisation produces results and complies with all its legal, financial, and ethical obligations.
- Interested applicants should be able to donate their time, expertise, contacts, and influence.
- Board meetings are conducting monthly, usually from 5:30pm on a weekday in Shepparton, with teleconference facilities.
- An annual strategic planning session.
- Please note that financial membership of the organisation is a prerequisite to joining the Board (Free for concession holders, $25 for a non-concession holder, and $50 for a Corporate Membership) you can join here: https://riac.org.au/membership/
Rights Information and Advocacy Centre Incorporated ABN 42 401 261 070 is a registered charity with the ACNC. If you have suitable experience, the motivation and time to contribute to our Board, then we would love to hear from you.
Note: These are voluntary positions.
Want more information and want to apply?
- Link to RIAC’s website https://riac.org.au/
- Link to RIAC’s listing on the ACNC website https://www.acnc.gov.au/charity/charities/26b80f61-39af-e811-a963-000d3ad24077/profile
- Link to RIAC’s latest Annual Report https://riac.org.au/resources/
- Board member (chair) video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwvBWzCgYBs
- Board member (deputy chair) video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=malxECSjg1c
- Board member Position Description (see download button below)
- Application Form (see download button below)
Applications close 5pm, 30th September 2022.
For any questions regarding the role please contact the Chief Executive Officer, Karryn Goode on 0491 20 8097 Please email a completed application form to email@example.com