Disability Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation


You can get help to tell your story.
It will not cost you any money.

You can get help from people who can:

  • help you make choices about telling your story
  • give you legal advice
  • help you with communicating or interpreters
  • help you with getting other types of support
  • help you to tell your story (advocacy)
  • help you with emotional support (someone to help you with how this makes you feel)
  • help you with money if you need it to help you tell your story
  • help you in other ways

You can go to the Royal Commission Support page here to access some great resources or to find out more.

Advocacy support is available from RIAC for people with disability (or family members or carers acting on their behalf) who may have difficulty

in communicating or understanding how to engage with the Commission.

You can get help from an advocacy agency to tell your story

Advocacy agencies can help you:

  • Protect your rights
  • Help you say what you want to say
  • Provide advice in your best interest
  • Help you get the supports you need

Contact us today on 03 5222 5499 or email referrals@riac.org.au

Unsure which advocacy agency is in your region?

Translate »